Friday, July 31, 2009

Catching up....

We have been very busy the last few weeks. We are trying to get everything in before summer is over and school starts. I can't believe Kaylie will start school in a few weeks. She is very excited, which makes it easier on me. I still an nervous about my "baby" leaving home to head to school but know she will love it! Here is some of what we have been doing... The kids are just getting older and older by the day. The fun part is they are really starting to play together a lot more. I can now leave them in the basement for a short time and they will keep each other entertained while I make dinner which is really nice. This is what happens when Landon is left with me, Kaylie, and my mom. For my 30th birthday Jeremy invited a few of my friends and neighbors and their families over for a cook-out to help celebrate. We had a great time. Jeremy rented a bounce house because there were 12 adults and 14 kids. It was great entertainment for the kids and allowed us adults to talk and catch up as well. Here is Kaylie and Landon bouncing before everyone arrived. Here are my friends who came (minus one who left before we took this picture). I have not been to Lafayette all summer with just the kids to spend a few days so we wanted to make sure we got that in as well. I packed them up and we headed North last week. We had a great time and it was jam packed with activities. My mom wanted to take the kids to Indiana Beach. The kids had a blast!! They both rode all the kid rides for almost 2 hours. They had so much fun and I couldn't get enough of the smiles on their faces. On our way home from Lafayette we stopped by the Indianapolis Zoo to visit with a friend of mine from where I taught and her daughter. It was great weather and there were not a lot of people so the kids had a great time. Other than that we have been playing outside a lot and enjoying each and every day. I have had a couple people ask for some videos so I decided to post some. Both kids love to make videos and even Landon now says, "video, video." Here is a video of Kaylie talking about school... Landon is talking a lot now and is saying 2-3 word sentences. He repeats everything and is now able to ask for things and tell us what he is thinking which is a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Janice said...

Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! Going to school already? How did they get so old???

Lisa said...

Yay videos! Thank you :) Love all the pictures - such cuties. It was great to see you last week briefly, too!