Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day

Just like many of you out there, we are snowed in for the day. My friend said it best though when she mentioned that unlike everyone who got off from school and work, stay-at-home moms don't get a snow day! ha!

I took Kaylie to Jeremy's parents yesterday to go sledding. She had a great time! We went out on Mon. night to get her a new sled in case it snowed like they were saying. Needless to say she was very excited to see snow so she could use her sled.






Landon has never seen snow (that he remembers). He has had a cold so I didn't want to take him out for long. I did get him out for a few min. today and he was a little confused at first but then he warmed up to the snow and I think he would have played in it if I would have let him. He didn't have boots so he couldn't get too close.



The reason Landon is wearing pink gloves is because he lost his and I didn't want his hands freezing so he had to wear his sister's old gloves. Sorry buddy!



Since we could not drive anywhere today, Kaylie and I went ahead and made our Valentine's cut out cookies so we can freeze them and have them ready in a couple weeks. She loves to help mommy bake.


Believe it or not I did not pose this picture. Kaylie loves to walk around with her arms around Landon. She is really into playing with Landon these days.


Can you tell which ones Kaylie decorated? Yes, she loves sprinkles.



So the snow is pretty for awhile, but I am more ready than ever for spring and warm weather so we can get back outside for longer periods of time!

2 comments:

Janice said...

I am glad you had a note about the pink gloves....I was thinking 'why pink' as I scrolled and then saw your note. Looks like you are busy as ever!!

Lisa said...

What a fun 'snow day' :) I love the cookies - and you are so good making them early! The pic of the two of them is adorable with her arms around him!