Thursday, July 17, 2008

Birthday

Well I turned the big 29 on Tues. Scary to think that next year I will be 30! I am going to enjoy this last year in my 20's. I do have to say though, entering 30 knowing we have 2 beautiful children and our life is pretty settled is nice. For my birthday I enjoyed spending the day with my mom, grandma, and the kids. We went to lunch and did some shopping which is always fun. That night we just hung out here and Jeremy got me a cake. Jeremy also got me a digital picture frame which I love. Kaylie finds it very entertaining as well. Putting it next to the dinner table is a good excuse to eat her food slower than she already does. :) On Wed. night we went to a cook-out at our country club with Jeremy's parents. We sat outside which was really nice.
Kaylie was excited about my birthday and loved singing to me. :)

Here are some family pictures we took before dinner Wed. night.


Wish me luck!!!
This weekend is the big German Festival in Batesville. People come from all over to go to this. There are bike races, walkes, run, activities, lots of food and drinks. At night they have a big "party" with a German band. We have friends coming in town for it and they are going to ride in the bike "race" with us. It is 7 miles. Last year I was pregnant and Jeremy did it pulling Kaylie. The path is nothing but hills so you go up one and it's time for another. It's a killer if you ask me. So my training this year has consisted of pulling the kids 2 times for a 30 min. ride. Do you think I am ready??? NO!!!

3 comments:

Janice said...

Look at the new blogger already posting videos! Singing happy birthday was too cute. I say put the kids on Jeremys bike! Good luck, sounds like fun. Hope you had a great birthday

slopsemafamily said...

Happy Belated Birthday Charrel! The 30s are really pretty good! I had the same outlook on turning 30 that you do.

Lisa said...

That video was the cutest! Good luck on the bike ride - you can do it! Especially with the cute cheering section you'll be pulling behind you :)